maanantai 17. elokuuta 2015

A Hello From France!

One and half months of silence does the trick, you start feeling like perhaps it's time to come and give an update on how things are rolling! I've not been silent on purpose, it's just that after the "holidays" all my time went to work, preparing for the wedding and preparing for the move. And now, suddenly it's already middle of August and the summer's about to be over.

Walk by the water in Bordeaux.


A glass of rosé and chevre salad.

It's been a very lovely, but an extremely stressful summer where there hasn't been any breaks to take a pause and just relax. After all the wedding preparations and a wedding of my dreams, we were immediately dropped out of our wedding bubble to planning the move. In the meanwhile I was still working normal days and took only a break when we actually took the road to drive to France.

From our Sunday stroll by the sea.
We've now been in France for little over two weeks and it's taken some time to get used to the new surroundings and being back here. I had somewhat high expectations of feeling relaxed after our arrival but it seems to take some time to get to that place.

The city is great though, it really does indeed look like a relaxed Paris in here, like they say. I've met some friendly people so far, which is always a bonus. I'm really looking forward to September already, when the French come back from their holidays and the neighbourhood as well as the city wakes up. August gives the town a little zombie like vibes, not so much in the city centre which is full of tourists but in the surroundings as all the small shops and bakeries are closed for the holiday period.


The other reason for looking forward to September is that by then I'll likely be more integrated here and can find my way around more easily. As an impatient person, I'd like to fix the house, my hobbies and my work to a place that feels comfortable to me, rather sooner than later.

A couple details in our home.
My current work comes to its' end by end of October which means I'm looking for new opportunities at the moment. It being August means it's quiet in the job market too and I'll have to wait with my signing up to language school for a little while as well. I understand French well but still need some refreshing on my vocabulary and writing.

Our home from the outside. A very boheme garden in front ;) But with a little work we'll have a lovely terrace to enjoy morning coffees at!
 I'll put up a whole post about the wedding, once we get our wedding pictures from the photographer. All I can say is, the day and the weekend was simply amazing and I wish I could go back in time and re-live it all over again. We had all our photo booth pictures from the wedding framed and everytime I pass that collage I can't help but smile :) They don't call it "the best day of your life" without a reason ;)

Time to start cooking now as hubby's coming back from practise! I'll start posting some recipies again soon (that was one of the main points of this blog anyway...) as I'll be cooking more in our new place.

Wishing you a great week!

Marianne

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti