tiistai 16. kesäkuuta 2015

An Emotional Rolleroaster

That's something that describes the past two weeks quite well. Crazy busy days at work, stress, physiotherapy, pain, yoga, relief, wedding planning, stress/panic and traveling to Finland for my brother's wedding, joy. That pretty much summarizes things for you. In addition to this we also have the move coming up in a little over a month's time which means a road trip from Krakow to Bordeaux. Before that we should decide what to do with our apartment in Krakow :) No need to worry right! Even with a lot going on, I still try to see the light at the end of the tunnel and keep my grandma's old saying "everything has a way of working out in the end" at the top of my mind.


We're on holidays now, finally, and staying at my parents' place for a few days. My brother got married last weekend and we had a lovely celebration nearby my hometown, by a lake with lots of friends and family gathered around, everyone on a good happy mood. It was a lovely day and the weather, which is pretty arctic +10 degrees now, was warm and sunny just for that one day (just like we ordered! ;)).





Right after my brother's wedding it was time to put our thoughts towards our own. Everything was supposed to be under control and we had everything sorted out, but then "nie ma" happened, like always in Poland. I was at work on Thursday finalizing things for my ongoing projects so that they'd be in an ok place when I went on holidays while my fiance went to our wedding church to double check things were under control.

We had booked our church and priest already a year ago and we had been asking several times during the past year whether everything had been taken care of, if we had to do anything special, take courses or anything extra due to me being Lutheran and they had convinced us all was ok no need for anything. Well, they had told him our papers were not ok and that we had to do some paper work three months ago and now with only a little over a month to our wedding the church wedding could not take place due to this not being done. As a cherry on top of the cake, after hearing this my fiance went to see the priest that was booked for our wedding and he had said that nobody had told him about our wedding that he is on holidays all of July. No church, no priest.



There's a lot more detail and mess to this story than this but lets just say, our holidays that were supposed to be a relaxing time back home just enjoying finally being together with no stress and hurry, has turned into a big fight against bureaucracy, booking a civil ceremony in Finland (we're coming back here in two weeks for that, ouch!) and organizing a Lutheran church for our wedding day so we can get a blessing in front of God's eyes. And did I mention we're "shipping" our own priest from Finland to Krakow to give us a blessing. "Ohh dear..." has been a well used phrase during these few days :)

I think after all of this trouble, moving to Bordeux will taste like sweet nectar. I am not lying when I say I can already imagine myself walking somewhere on the western coast, on sunset, with my boys, on our way to have fresh seafood and a glass of cold rosé... Now that's a view worth working for! :)

Have a great week! <3

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti