sunnuntai 31. toukokuuta 2015

"Happy" 5th Month Anniversary!

The wedding is roughly 1.5 months away. The way I had planned things originally, I would now be in "diamond shape" and would be writing this post after a morning run in the beautiful sunny summer air. Well as things don't usually go exactly like planned, the last time I've been running outdoors must be a couple months ago.

Happy cat on Sunday breakfast.
 Today is the 5th month anniversary with active inflamation in my body. It started in the end of January with a very stiff painful neck, then moved down to shoulder blades, rheumatic back pain came along, followed by irititis on the left eye (also typical for rheumatism), jaw pain, heel spur on my left heel and swallen inflamed ancle on the right foot caused by incorrect stepping while trying to avoid pain. I've got some more physiotherapy coming my way. Five months of pain also make five months of constant use of anti inflammatory medicine. Ouch!

Ice bucket is a friend :)
While taking my shower this morning I thought, how funny is it that I decided to name this blog "health loving foodie". I do think it's quite hilarious as I'm quite far from your typical healthy gal! I'd say I'm a bad shape 80 year old in a 29 year old's body... But maybe it's because of being so unwell that I really love my health(y moments) and healthy things! Honestly for me nothing is better than being able to be active and eat food that is good for you. Have the occasional "cheat meal" which is fine, but mostly eat wholesome good food and do different types of sport.

Sunday's veggie soup.

Bagel breakfast.

Evening snack, rice cakes with avocado and eggs.
Now if pity is slowly creeping down to your thoughts, stop. It is what it is like I tend to say, so no pity "boohoo" thoughts please :) Today I'm going to a spinning class after work (this should be fine for my feet) and tomorrow I have a yoga. This weekend we had some pizza and bagels which was fine, but now it's time to go under a more careful and healthy nutrition plan for the weeks to come. If you see me going "Homer" in front of an ice cream shop or the chocolate selection in the grocery store, feel free to remind me that I have a wedding coming up :) As they say the golden rule is 70% nutrition 30% exercise.

But now, it's time to sip my coffee and get to work! I wish you all a positive, sunny beginning of the week!

PS. Appreciate your bodies, you only got one for life! :)

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti