perjantai 29. toukokuuta 2015

The Childlike Happiness

I remember the feeling back in childhood on spring Fridays. In school you'd always get a little more time to play outside, or if in class you'd use fun methods to learn, maybe the days were a little shorter etc. On the way home, you could stop and play with your friends, have an ice cream and a good laugh. You always had that special Friday feeling, a little tickle of excitement and pure happiness :)


Things are a little different when you grow up and get into the career world. You put all your energy to the job and when you get home there's no power left to be jumping out of joy for nothing. My mom told me I had once said to her as a kid, that "Mom, why do you always have to lose all your good energy at work!". Now when I go home from the office I am also tired and "out of business" and even though I don't have kids, I could equally well imagine my fiancé telling me why I had to lose all my good energy to work :)



Perhaps it's the approaching 30s that have got me thinking but lately I've tried to find ways that can bring me that child like joy and happiness over simple things again. I think it's important to be able to get happy over the small stuff. It's what makes life taste like life.

This morning I woke up early and took a moment to appreciate the beautiful sunshine outside. I had a little yoga session in the living room while our dog followed me there only to continue sleeping next to me. He looked at me and I'm sure he was thinking "I'm here for moral support, ok". After my 30 minute yoga set he came over and gave me some smooches and we had a good cuddle. At that moment I could feel that childlike happiness again. There on my living room floor on a sunny morning saying our "good morning's" with my fluffy friend. Such a simple carefree moment.




My zen was at risk when I started to be in a hurry to get to work. Running around the flat not finding my things like most mornings. Somewhere in between finding my right foot shoe and car keys my fiancé reminded me to keep calm as it's Friday after all. I shook off the little stress that was piling up on me and put a smile on my face instead. Great morning!



Before I could realize it was already 5pm and it was time to head home. Another busy week behind. I decided that today I won't go home as the tired me but as "the happy kid after school on a Friday". Now it's time to munch on some thai noodles, watch a little Big Bang Theory and get some sleep. We're headed to gym tomorrow morning with future hubster. The wedding is approaching which means a little added exercise is very welcome for this sweet loving thing!

Have a Happy, Active Weekend!

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti