torstai 16. huhtikuuta 2015

Happy Friday and Dreamy Date Night's Asparagus Toasts

Goor morning! :) I have to say after a week like this I am more than happy to wake up to a Friday. I have a pretty busy day ahead at work but I'm keeping my eyes on the relaxing evening when I get home from physiotherapy, had that last little walk with Patu and can just lift my legs on the living room table and watch a movie and not worry about what time I go to bed! I'll probably fall asleep on the sofa by 10pm anyways but who cares, it's a happy moment anyway :) I don't even care that my yearly allergy symptoms are full on and my other eye is red and painful, it doesn't matter, the weekend is almost here! :)

Thank God for IG filters so you can't tell my other eye looks like I had been drinking for days :)
This weekend I don't have my fiancé at home anymore. I had to have my long goodbye and good luck (read= kick some ass!) talk last Tuesday and it's just me and Monsieur PatPat around the house now for quite some time. Unlike the six springs before this one, I'm heading over to see some games when the world championships start! I am so excited and will for sure take a billion pictures of absolutely everything when I get to Prague 30th April! If I manage to post something while there, be prepared for some hockey mania ;)

Even if my hubby to be is not around, I won't be alone this weekend as I have a girls dinner planned for Saturday evening. We try to regularly have brunch gatherings but this time it's a dinner time date as it's my birthday on Sunday! Last year of 20s starting up, crazy how time flies but who cares when you're having fun right? :)

As the weekend's coming up, I wanted to share one of the recipes my fiancé loves that originally comes from my mother. This is an old recipe back from the late 70's from the first dinner parties she and my dad hosted for their friends. How cool :) Ever since, every now and again we've prepared these delicious hot asparagus toasts for a Saturday evening snack to be enjoyed after a good sauna accompanied with a glass of crisp white wine and a good conversation. I love those evenings so much and I love these toasts as well. So if you're planning a date night for this weekend or a get together with friends, these asparagus toasts are a great thing to serve and super easy to make!



Dreamy Date Night's Asparagus Toasts
serves 2-4, time 30 min
4 pieces of toast
400 g asparagus (preserved, can) green or white
1,5 dl mayonnaise
1 garlic nail
2 table spoons of fine parsley
2 egg whites
4 table spoons of grated cheese (Gruyere)
butter

Heat up oven to 250C. Lay the breads on a paper covered oven pan. Spread a tiny amount of butter on each toast. Drain the asparagus and spread evenly on the toasts. I usually cut the long asparagus to half so it makes a tidier outcome. 


On one bowl mix mayonnaise with smashed garlic nail and parsley. Whip the egg whites to a firm foam on a separate bowl (make sure you have a dry and clean bowl or this won't work!). Gently mix the mayonnaise with the eggs without braking the foamy texture and spread evenly on the toasts. 


Add the grated cheese on top and cook these beauties in the oven for about 10 minutes until they have a light golden color to them. Enjoy with fresh greens that have a little vinaigrette sprinkled on top and a glass of your favorite white!



PS. I made a simple salad from mixed greens and roasted nuts. If you make this I'd recommend to start with roasting the nuts first so they have time to cool down before serving. Simply add a little oil on a non stick pan, throw in a bunch of your favorite nuts and seeds (walnuts, cashews, pumpkin seeds etc), let roast for a little while, add spices in (paprika, lemon pepper, salt etc) and at the end a little sprinkle of honey. Let roast for a minute and spread on a plate and let cool down. These are also a great party snack! For bigger quantities I'd recommend oven roasting.

Happy Friday!!

PS. If you do have a date night or are just looking for some good Friday vibes, listen to this amazing track from Jessie Ware, how dreamy is this! It has just the right amount of 80's drama mixed with modern elements <3


Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti