perjantai 24. huhtikuuta 2015

Relax like Ninni :)

Happy Friday to all! I'm not going to hide it, I had a nasty week, not too good in any aspect if you don't count in the chocolate truffles and birthday card received from colleagues and a little surprise parcel from my mom. Other than that it was blah blah blah. But, that is not what I want to write about, I wanted to tell you how to relax like Ninni (my nickname if someone didn't know :)) as that's what I really need right now. So here you go!


1. Put your shades on (might look weird if it rains so lets agree this is a sunny day relaxation post!), turn the volume up on the stereos of your car (or iPod). Let your thoughts wander with the beat of the music. Allow yourself to dream. Feel all the stressful thoughts of the day drift away. Ignore the crowds and traffic, you're not in a hurry. Smile :)


2. Hit the groceries and make it easy, don't over think it, try to manage this part quickly so you get home sooner. Important is that you don't miss out this bit (unless you have a full fridge ;)) as part of Friday's relaxation is cooking something lovely. Also, you want to have ingredients for a beautiful breakfast (my favorite meal yey!) for the next day. Part of Friday's relaxing mood is knowing the next day you have a wonderful slow breakfast ahead of you with no hurry.




3. Put your sweatpants on and go walk the dog. If you don't have a dog, go for a little stroll and don't forget your relaxing music. Have a good stretch afterwards, no matter how great you think your posture is, if you work in an office your body will need this. Use a gym ball or whatever you have at hand to do a full body stretching. Remember to breathe deep, calm breaths - this is YOUR time, remember you're not in a hurry.



4. Have a cup of tea and a little treat if you like. If you've been good all week, you can allow yourself something sweet but remember, this is only for the taste, not for the main course. Put your chillax remix on your Spotify and enjoy, lift your legs on the table and continue daydreaming. Think of all the things you are thankful for, go through all the nice things that have happened this past week, don't allow negative thoughts to rise.



5. Now would be the time for the candles and to pour yourself a glass of some of the good stuff. I like an occasional wine or some good quality smoky whiskey. I don't enjoy getting drunk that much as I don't like wasting my days off to laying on sofa feeling horrible. If I decide to lay on the sofa all day, I like to do it while feeling well. I've limited the amount of alcohol I consume significantly over the past 1,5 years but could not live without my rosé in the summer or my glass of red on an autumn evening. Little luxuries and everything in moderation is just fine :)



6. Prepare your delicious dinner (unless it's cooked for you or you're ordering take out), enjoy every bite, continue dreaming, breathe, enjoy the moment, give a kiss to your partner and cuddle :)


Have a great Friday! <3

And a little dreamy chill out music for the evening:


Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti