keskiviikko 1. huhtikuuta 2015

My Everyday Oatmeal

Those who know me, also know that I love oatmeal in all different forms. Nothing beats a warm bowl of oatmeal in the morning with some cottage cheese and fresh berries or banana and peanut butter or honey and cinnamon - the sky is the limit. I eat oatmeal almost every morning and wanted to share my most common oatmeal combo for you to try.

Breakfast overall is my favorite meal of the day and if I skip breakfast I end up feeling foggy and cannot concentrate well on anything. A bowl of oatmeal is an ideal breakfast as it gives you energy on a steady pace throughout the morning and prevents you from falling for sugary snacks before lunch.



Finding the right ingredients wasn't easy in the beginning when we'd first moved to Poland, I knew no words and doing your grocery was always a lottery. It wasn't just once that I bought cream but actually ended up having kefir or sour cream instead. Now I know better and what makes my oatmeal loving heart very happy, is that I've found the Finnish 'Elovena' oats here! I've tried the Polish ones too, but these make the most tender porridge you can dream of.

My Everyday Oatmeal
serves 1, time 10 min
1 dl Elovena (or other fine texture instant oats) oats
2 dl boiling water
pinch of good quality salt
half a teaspoon coconut oil

On top:
150g cottage cheese
berries or fruit (pear works well)
nuts & seeds
(cinnamon)

Mix oats and salt in a cereal bowl. Bring water to boil and mix well with oats. Let rest for 2-3 minutes. Mix the coconut oil in, add toppings and enjoy with your favorite hot drink!



Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti